Licensed Automotive Technician
Lakeshore Motors is Expanding our Team! Looking for a Licensed Automotive Technician
The Technician is responsible for diligently maintaining, repairing and servicing customer vehicles to ensure both customer safety and satisfaction while contributing to overall departmental success.
As a team player, the Technician fosters positive relationships with personnel in all areas of the dealership. The Technician has excellent communication skills and is able to listen and discern as well as execute all requirements in the Certified Service process.
- Perform vehicle maintenance and repairs.
- Diagnose the source of any malfunctions and perform repair.
- Examine vehicles to determine if additional safety or service work is required.
- Provide written, prioritized quotes for necessary additional work.
- Explain procedures and repairs directly to the Service Advisor.
- Perform road tests.
- Perform safety inspections.
- Review and analyze actions regularly to determine how to better utilize time and plan more effectively.
- Encourage compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
Education & Experience:
- College Diploma or Trade School Certificate in Automotive Studies, or equivalent.
- Strong product knowledge.
- Strong aptitude of technical/mechanical repairs.
- Valid Automotive Service Technician (AST) Certification of Qualification, Class A.
- Ozone depletion certificate.
- Valid Driver’s License for province of employment.
- Ideally two (2) years minimum as an Automotive Service Technician.
- One (1) year brand product experience.
- Dealership experience preferred.
Please send resumes to: